We want to let you know how White River is responding to the situation surrounding COVID-19 and answer some frequently asked questions.
Is White River still having weekend services?
Weekend services for all locations will be online only beginning Sunday, March 15. Worship with us on Sundays at 9 am or 11 am. Join us for a time of prayer on Facebook on Thursday at 6:30 pm.
For middle school and high school students:
Like and subscribe to the student YouTube channel to participate in services for both middle and high schoolers. Chat will be on so students can be a part of the service.
I’ve never live streamed the service before. How do I do that?
Click here. You will see a list of upcoming and past events. You can view past events at any time by just clicking on the event image or title. Upcoming events will be available to watch at the designated time listed.
How can I give to White River when I'm not there?
Even though we will not be meeting together for weekend worship service, ministry is still happening. Not meeting for services will create a financial hardship for our church. Will you help us by giving online? Thank you for being so generous.
- You can give online or through the White River app.
- If you have a CCB account, you can give here.
- If you do not have a CCB account, you can give here.
- You can make giving easy by setting up a recurring gift. Here’s how to set it up:
- Login to Church Community Builder and click the Give Button on the upper right.
- Select an option and set up your gifts on the appropriate schedule for your budget. You can choose to schedule a gift to be paid weekly, every two weeks, monthly, quarterly (once every three months) or annually.
- You can also give a one-time gift by setting the number of occurrences to '1.'
If you have questions about any of these options, please contact .
I missed Commitment Weekend and would like to make a commitment to Transform.
If you missed Commitment Weekend, you can submit a commitment card online. We are excited to see how God will use our collective commitments to transform a life, a church and a community.
What about White River Sports?
- Youth Soccer Coaches' Clinic for Monday, March 23, is canceled.
- Adult Open Gym Volleyball postponed currently until May 7.
- Men's Open Gym Basketball on Tuesday nights is finished for the season.
- 3rd Grade Boy's Basketball Mission Teams are suspended until further notice.
Are groups and Bible studies still meeting?
Groups and Bible studies that meet in a White River facility will have the option to move to a home-based group or cancel. Please check with your study or group leader for information about your specific group.
- High school small group leaders will be setting up times for their small groups to meet via Zoom.
- Middle school small group leaders will be reaching out to their students throughout the weeks we are not meeting in person.
- Same as U will not be meeting until further notice.
- AHG and Trail Life will not be meeting at White River facilities. Contact your AHG or Trail Life leader for more information.
- The Men's Retreat scheduled for April 24-26 has been canceled.
- MOPS will not meet on March 18.
- 50+ Euchre will not meet on March 21.
Is the White River Food Pantry open?
As of today, the Food Pantry will be open on Thursdays from 1-6 pm and will utilize drive-through distribution of prepackaged bags. Food will be brought to recipients’ vehicles, rather than guests coming in and choosing their food items.
How can I support the Food Pantry?
You can donate any of the following: pasta, pasta sauces, canned goods, peanut butter, jelly, beans, rice, canned meats, chunky soups with meat, and bars of soap.
Drop-off donations at the following times:
Tuesdays 9 am - 4 pm
Wednesdays 9 am - 4 pm
Thursdays 10 am - 12 pm & 3 - 6 pm
Park near the big garage door at 1605 N. 10th Street, enter through the door to the right of the garage door and there should be someone to assist you. If you do not see anyone, please place your donations in the large yellow bin with the "Donations Here" sign just inside the door. Thank you!
Please email Fred Knoll at if you are interested in serving at the food pantry. You will receive an email by Friday of that week for 3-hour serving shifts for the following Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday that you may choose from as long as space is available in the volunteer serving groups of 10 or less.
Is Thursday Dinner Table still meeting?
Thursday Dinner Table will not meet until further notice.
I’m planning to go on a mission trip soon. Are those still happening?
The Student North Carolina Relief Trip and Women's Appalachia Trip will not happen as planned. Please check back for updates on the possibility of rescheduling.
There are no changes to other scheduled trips at this time. Please check back for updates.
How can I submit a prayer request?
You can submit prayer requests online.
Reflections on Proverbs
Join us in reading the Proverbs over the next 31 days. We’ll read the chapter that corresponds to the day of the month. For instance, if the date is March 25, we’ll read Proverbs 25. We hope you will be blessed as we read God’s word together!
Questions or concerns?
If you’d like to share your thoughts, concerns, questions and ideas with us as we navigate our response to this situation, we’d love to hear from you. Your input and feedback are truly important to us. Please contact us with any questions or comments.